Professor of Economics, Taipei School of Economics and Political Science; Professor Emeritus, National Taiwan University
Senior Fellow, Asia Pacific Initiative; Lt. Gen. (retired), Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF)
Brown Professor of Political Science, Davidson College
Vice President, International Security and Diplomacy, Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI)
Moderator: Christina L. Davis
Director, Program on U.S.-Japan Relations; Professor of Government; Susan S. and Kenneth L. Wallach Professor, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
1. Mireya Solís, Tain Jy Chen, Etel Solingen, and Kristin Vekasi, "Vulnerability and Resilience: The Future of East Asian Supply Chains" April 26, 2021 [video].
2. Sadamasa Oue, "A Chinese invasion of Taiwan: Why Japan should prepare for the worst" Japan Times. June 10, 2021.
3. Shelley Rigger, Lev Nachman, Chit Wai John Mok, and Nathan Kar Ming Chan, "How are people feeling in the 'most dangerous place on Earth'?" October 13, 2021.
4. Kaiser Kuo and Shelley Rigger, "How Taiwan propelled China’s economic rise, with Shelley Rigger" October 14, 2021 [podcast].
5. Chas W. Freeman, Michael Mazarr, Shelley Rigger, and Daniel R. Russel, "How Could the U.S. Deter Military Conflict in the Taiwan Strait?" September 28, 2021.
6. Daniel Russel, "When Biden Meets Xi: Diplomacy Can’t Repair the Relationship—But It Can Still Prevent Disaster" November 14, 2021.
7. Adam Liff, "Japan, Taiwan, the United States, and the 'Free and Open Indo-Pacific'" April 2021.
8. Bonnie Glaser, "How Great is the Risk of War over Taiwan?" Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies Seminar, September 29, 2021.